Would you like to go climbing or bouldering, but have you never done it before? GRIP will help you start with a short and accessible introduction lesson!
At GRIP climbing center you can get acquainted with sports climbing in a safe, fun and accessible way through auto belays (from March 1 2018). This is an automatic braking system which means you no longer need a surety. During a brief explanation you will learn everything that is needed to safely climb. The instructor is always around to ensure that everything goes smoothly while you work together (or alone). You’ll climb at our top floor with more than 50 routes in different difficulty levels.
- Price: You pay normal entrance plus rental of gear (see prices) Climbing shoes are for rent but are not necessary for the first time. Self-taken sports shoes must be clean, otherwise climbing shoes must be rented. Different prices apply to children’s parties.
- Please note that children up to 16 years old can only climb under the supervision of an adult, up to 4 children per supervisor.
- Reservations: For children’s parties and groups of more than 6 people (adults or children) it is necessary to book in advance so that you are sure that there is enough space. The introductory lessons can be booked at the following (starting) times: Monday 14.00 14.30 15.00 15.30 19.30
Tuesday 17.00 17.30 18.00 18.30 19.00 19.30
Wednesday 14.00 14.30 15.00 15.30 16.00 16.30 17.00 17.30 18.00 18.30 19.00 19.30
Thursday 19.30 20.00 20.30
Friday 14.00 14.30 15.00 15.30 16.00 16.30 17.00 17.30 18.00 18.30 19.00 19.30
Saturday 12.30 13.00 13.30 14.00 14.30 15.00 15.30 16.00 16.30 17.00 17.30
Sunday 12.30 13.00 13.30 14.00 14.30 15.00 15.30 4.00 4.30 5.00 5.30
Amounts of climbers can be changed free of charge up to 48 hours in advance. Reservations can be made via the reservation form at least 2 working days in advance. Booking last minute? Please contact us by phone!
- Walk in: If you come with less than 6 people you do not have to make a reservation except during holidays.
You can walk in at the following times:
Monday: 14.00 – 15.45 and 19.30 – 19.45
Tuesday: 17.00 – 19.45
Wednesday: 14.00 – 19.45
Thursday: 7.30pm – 8.45
Friday: 14.00 – 19.45
Saturday: 12.30 – 17.30
Sunday: 12.30 – 17.30
- Group discount: For groups from 21 people we use different rates, please contact us (email@example.com or 024-7370461).
- Belaying: If you want to learn to belay so that you can climb on the ground floor, you first have to get your climbing license. This is possible by following our beginners course.
Bouldering is a sport which does not require a belaying partner. Mats provide the necessary protection from falling. The routes are maximum 4,5 meters high. In the bouldergym you can get a short free introduction, which will take approximately 10 minutes. During this lesson we’ll teach you about what bouldering is and how it works, but also safety regulations and proper falling techniques. We’ll also provide tips for the climbing itself. After the introduction you can start bouldering right away!
- Booking: is not necessary for groups smaller than 10 persons. Would you like to come with a larger group? Please use the booking form.
- Costs: the introduction is free of charge. Entrance fee see prices plus rental shoes (€ 3,50)
- Bring comfortable sports clothing.
- If you don’t have climbing shoes you need te rent them since this will make the bouldering more accessible and enjoyable.